Whether you are trying lose weight, get in shape or just live a healthier life, eating healthy is of utmost importance. Lets look at simple, quick and easy recipe that is loaded with variety of benefits. Spinach and baby corn blend together to offer a scrumptious and nutritious dish – Baby Corn Palak.
-Dr. Pooja, Senior Nutritionist @eKincare.com
Spinach is a super food loaded with tons of nutrients in a low calorie package. Dark leafy greens like spinach are rich in iron, proteins, vitamins and minerals. The possible benefits of having spinach include lowering blood sugar levels, lower High BP and since they are low in calories aid weight loss too.
Baby corn, the second important ingredient of our dish today is also great for weight loss. Baby corns are very low in fats which is good for weight loss. They are also high in potassium and folic acid. Make sure you try and get fresh baby corn, as the canned ones might be source of high levels of sodium. Excessive sodium in diet leads to hypertension.
To retain the bright green colour of spinach, ensure you blanch it just for few minutes and do not over cook.
- 2 roasted onions, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 slit green chilli, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup blanched spinach
- 2 tablespoons fresh low fat curds
- 2 tablespoons low fat milk
- 7 to 8 blanched and cut into long pieces (around 1 inch)
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon dried mango powder
- 1/4 tablespoon garam masala
- 1/2 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves roasted
- salt to taste
- Heat a non-stick kadhai on a medium flame and when hot, add the onions, ginger and green chillies.
- Dry roast for 2 to 3 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add the spinach, curds, milk and ½ cup of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Pour the mixture back into the kadhai, add the baby corn, turmeric powder, dry mango powder, garam masala, dried fenugreek leaves, salt and ½ cup of water and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes and serve hot.
You can have this with rotis or parathas. Quick and easy right ? So try it today and let us know how much you liked it!