Our fast paced lifestyle has made us susceptible to Cardiovascular Disease (CVD). CVD refers to diseases of heart or blood vessels and they often manifest themselves by affecting blood flow to different parts of the body.
Cardiovascular Disease can also lead to fatal conditions like heart attack or stroke.
There are four main types of CVD –
– Coronary heart disease
– Peripheral arterial disease
– Aortic disease
The symptoms of CVD usually include:
– Chest pain or angina (more common in men)
– Shortness of breath or nausea (more common in women)
– Extreme fatigue
– Pain or numbness or weakness in your body parts.
Many times, one is not diagnosed with CVD before it is late. Hence, it is important to look out for the symptoms and consult your doctor if things don’t seem right and take corrective action.
Some of the major risk factors of CVD include hypertension (high blood pressure), high cholesterol levels in blood, diabetes, being overweight or obese, habits like smoking and alcohol consumption, stress, family history etc. You can check your risk of CVD on www.ekincare.com
Unfortunately, CVD is one of the root causes of several premature deaths occurring globally. With right approach, the risk of cardiovascular diseases can be avoided. Some of the ways you can reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases are:
- Have a healthy diet – Avoid excessive oily or cholesterol-rich food. Include fresh fruits and vegetable in you diet. Regulate your intake of salt as well as sugar. Avoid junk food.
- Regular exercise – It is recommended to do at average of at least 30 minutes of moderate intensity aerobic exercise daily. Brisk walking, running, cycling, swimming etc. are some exercises you can do.
- Get a sound sleep. It gives your body a much needed rest and also helps to reduce stress.
- Quit smoking.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol.
- Lose weight if you are overweight or obese. Healthy diet and right exercise can help.
- Track your health indicators regularly & get regular medical checkups done.
Tracking your health indicators on a regular basis with www.ekincare.com can facilitate prevention of CVD.