-Sexual dysfunction is any physical or psychological problem that prevents you or your partner from getting sexual satisfaction. Male sexual dysfunction is a common health problem affecting men of all ages, but is more common with increasing age.
-Common factors that affect sexual function in men result from psychological, physical, and emotional problems due to lifestyle influences. Heart disease, hypertension,alcoholism, diabetes and use of drugs can also contribute to sexual dysfunctions. Here are some of the most common sexual problems in men.
-Many problems with sexual health can be treated. Therefore, it is important for a man to discuss these issues with a physician.
-Here are a few known causes of sexual dysfunction in men-
- Unhealthy lifestyle. Drinking alcohol and smoking, for example
- Stress – Physical and/or mental
- Lack of time
- Hormonal problems such as hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism
- Testosterone deficiency
- Medicines. Antidepressants, for example
- Psychological causes – Performance anxiety, feelings of guilt, low self-esteem, Negative body image
- High cholesterol
- Cardiovascular conditions
- Chronic illnesses
- Male genital problems – Inflammation and infection of urethra or prostate
- Relationship problems or past history of abuse
- Sleep problems – as in night shift workers.
Most cases of sexual dysfunction are best dealt with by overcoming the underlying causes.
Many sexual and performance issues can be delayed, maybe even prevented, by the usual things like good diet and exercise, stopping smoking, keeping weight down
Even though medication may still be needed, proper diet and exercise can boost both testosterone levels and sexual function
Talking to your doctor at an early time can help a lot!