Eye sight is the most precious among all senses as it allows you to understand the world around you. Maintaining good eye health is very important to keep them healthy and avoid many conditions which affect your eye. Early diagnosis always help to prevent poor outcome. There are many ways to maintain good eye care.
One among them is annual eye checkup.
Below mentioned are some tips about general eye care:
- Annual eye checkup is very important by which you can rule out most of the ailments which you even don’t know that you are having them.
- If you are a contact lens user, you must be more careful while using them. Washing hands before inserting and removing the lens is very important. Always clean the lens and disinfect them before using them.
- High sugar levels and high blood pressure are two important health issues which can lead to major eye problems. So, it is necessary to maintain your blood sugras and blood pressure normal levels.
- When you are in front of computer, you must look 20 feet away for 20 seconds, every 20 minutes which will reduce the strain on your eyes.
- Wear sunglasses which will block UV rays that can damage your eyes.
- Your diet must include vitamins and minerals that help your overall eye health. Nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins C and A might help ward off age-related vision problems like macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Include green leafy vegetables, fish rich in omega 3 fatty acids, carrots, sweet potatoes, eggs, whole grains, citrus fruits etc.
- Don’t smoke – Tobacco smoking is directly linked to many adverse health effects
- Give adequate rest to your eyes by having good sleep.
- Drink plenty of water and hydrate yourself.
- Regular exercise will decrease the risk of eye diseases.
- Don’t choose glasses by your own without having eye examination.
- Consult an Ophthalmologist before using any over the counter medication for any eye problems like dryness, irritation, redness etc.