Along with the joy and happiness, monsoon also brings some troubles. High humidity in the air during rainy season can affect your hair as well as skin.
Due to the pollution which is steadily on the rise, the rain which falls can contain carbon dust and other substances. Hair is at risk of being frizzy in this season. This increases the probability of dandruff, hair fall, and other problems. In fact, your hair is at its weakest condition during this time, and so, your hair needs maximum care. Following some basic tips can make your hair look healthy and shiny even during the rainy season.
Tips to protect your hair from rainy season:
- As we are tempted to step out in the rain even if it is drizzling, the acidic rain can cause damage to the hair if it is not washed right away. If you have to step out in rain, use an umbrella to cover yourself.
- Due to the high oil secretion from the scalp during the rainy season, it is important to wash your hair at least 2-3 times a week.
- Using conditioner during rainy season will prevent frizziness.
- Styling your hair in a proper way also helps you in protecting your hair. Braiding your hair instead of leaving it open can protect hair from the damage.
- Use coconut oil 15 minutes before you shampooing your hair. A gentle massage will avoid hair breakage and provide deep conditioning which keeps hair healthy and smooth.
- Using a wide toothed comb while dealing with the wet hair is the best option.
- Use a microfiber towel which will absorb the water rapidly and reduce the friction between hair and towel, preventing hair fall.
- Proper diet is important for your hair to look healthy. It is important in any season. Adding protein-rich food like eggs, walnuts, dairy products, and whole grains along with green vegetables to your regular diet is important as they provide shine to your hair.
- Make sure to carry an umbrella or waterproof caps during rainy season to protect your hair from the acidic rains.
- Try some natural hair packs at home which don’t contain any harmful chemicals. They will moisturize the hair and keep the hair conditioned.
Dr. Y. Alekhya.